When life is good and everything goes as planned, it is easy to be grateful. But when the bills pour in, when bad bosses and ruined friendships keep our minds on the negatives, thoughts of gratitude become a challenge. Yet, if we can learn to grab hold of the broken pieces – if we can learn to cultivate an inner voice and attitude of gratitude, we win.
The universe returns to us the same energy we release. When we pour negative energy and a sour disposition into our workplace, our home, or our friendships, that same energy comes back to us. When we fill our hours and days with gratitude, what comes back to us is kindness, joy, and peace.
Gratitude, even in our most challenging times, polishes us like fine silver and gold. It molds us, and builds character far greater than we can ever imagine.
Open your heart to goodness by being thankful, by showing gratitude for even the smallest blessings you receive. As the holiday season approaches – and throughout the coming new year – make it your choice to be thankful. Make it your choice to hold an attitude of gratitude in every situation.
Five keys to Choosing Gratitude
- Learn to let go. Learn to let God handle it, and be thankful for His goodness.
- Use your life to help others win, and be thankful that it will be returned to you.
- Let your first thought of the day – before you get out of bed – be one of thanksgiving.
- When the pieces are broken, be thankful you have the opportunity to put them back together.
- In everything, be thankful – and smile.