The positive results you have achieved so far in your life came out of the dreams and aspirations you actively sought in the past. You achieved those things because you didn’t just know what you wanted – you set about doing what was necessary to reach the goal.
Knowing and doing are not the same.
If you are like most people, you might put off acting on a goal because you secretly fear you aren’t “ready.” Instead of taking immediate action, you procrastinate by over-preparing, trying to frame every detail perfectly. Good planning is important, but there will be times you need to take action even when you don’t feel fully prepared.
You will find the means to bring life to your desire when you let go of being “ready” and just move. Hold a mind-set of action – of doing what you can, right now, however large or small, to make your dreams come true. You will feel a lot better about yourself if you do.
Knowing you want a new job and doing what is necessary to secure a new job are very different things. You will move to the next level of achievement when you do what you can to produce the results you want.
If you want to accelerate your level of achievement, you must banish doubt. Don’t make excuses or merely speak words – put your faith into action, now!
Five Keys to Taking Action Now
1. Eliminate procrastination and delay – take one step toward your goal right now.
2. Believe and keep the faith that you can do it. Ask God to help you.
3. Don’t confuse knowing what needs to be done with doing what needs to be done.
4. Don’t make excuses for not moving forward
5. Be willing to learn from your mistakes in order to grow.