You are what you think
A poor-me attitude doesn’t make people feel kindly to you. It just keeps you from moving forward.
You must feel good about your, and stop worrying about every little thing. A friend of mine often says: You cannot be pitiful and powerful at the same time. Decide to be powerful.
Never, never, never give up! You may move from one environment or relationship to another, but don’t give up trying to capture your dream. Is is the essence of being. My grandfather provided the ultimate example of professionalism. He told me his secret to success: It’s simple. You’ve just got to jump when your opportunity comes. How do you tell when your opportunity comes? You can’t. You’ve just got to keep jumping.”
I’ve followed that advice, and I’ve never quit regardless of what assignments I had. My persistence and tenacity has paid off because while I’m helping others, I help myself.
FIVE STEPS TO AVOIDING SELF-PITY:
- Change your perspective. Maybe it didn’t go the way you expected, but does that mean you failed? Thomas Edison made more than 1,000 prototypes before he was successful in creating a light bulb. He said: If I find 10,000 ways some thing won’t work, I haven’t failed. I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward.
- Stay positive. Focus on the aspects of your life that are working, not the things that are problematic. Thoughts become things. Choose the ones that further your life, not the ones that detract from it.
- Celebrate yourself and your successes, no matter how small they appear to you.
- The minute a “poor me” thought enters your awareness, stop what you are doing and begin doing something you know you can accomplish right then and there to polish up your sense of self-worth.
- Call a friend and ask them to tell you what they love and appreciate about you, and hold on to that thought for the rest of the day. Provide the same thoughts of appreciation toward them.
Power Play! Discover the Secrets to Spirit-Winning Success by Lisa L. Wicker
Following in the footsteps of her trailblazing first book, The Winning Spirit: Building Employee Enthusiasm, Dr. Lisa J. Lindsay Wicker lays out steps for recognizing and developing the internal potential to achieve your goals and dreams. In Power Play! Discover the Secrets to Spirit-Winning Success, Dr. Wicker shares how to stretch, risk, and grow into a strong, fulfilling life, and explains: 12 steps for overcoming limiting beliefs, Why playing small doesn’t serve you or the world, and 7 keys for unleashing your personal power. As a bonus, Dr. Wicker provides more than 95 Power Plays for career and personal success throughout the book. Drawing on her career and personal life experiences, this empowering book helps you overcome limiting beliefs, guides you to new ones, and step by step teaches you the secrets to powerfully play the game of life. Power Play! is a fantastic primer on how to use your personal power in a positive way to win! https://www.amazon.com/Power-Play-Discover-Secrets-Spirit-Winning/dp/0978922433